Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thanks for being once again an Indian!!

One fine morning we were so tired last night's late party at offciers that after having the breakfast we decided lay down simply and give  break to our deepawali prepration. Then suddenly mummy said "beta let's got to the sai baba's mandir". I said cool Idea instead of sitting here let's go. In next coupleof hours we were there at the temple worshiping "Sai Baba". My mother then said "do you know? This is a Sai Baba's temple where a wish that comes heart is always fulfilled", Then I asked is it so?. and without waiting for her reply my heart made a wish ;) yea you guessed it right!! anyways this post is not about my ish or that temple it is something else.

Well by this time it was noon and the sun was on the head and believe me in the month of Oct to it was unbearable heat!! We sat by a shop on the road selling some sort of cool drinks me and my father were busy sipping the cool drink and mother busy searching for something or the other thing at the roadside vendors cart which were full of stickers and posters of different gods and goddesses and more color was added o there cart by intricate threads of many colors. Well suddenly then I saw two girls from not much familiar part of our country 'CHINKIS' approaching the same shop. Well by now I started thinking that a day which started with such a low note has suddenly  started picking up!! They sat in front of us and ordered the same cool drinks that we had just finished. In a  moment or so three guys with not so neatly dressed arrived at the shop an started talking to the shop owner in he local language but the gestures they gave to each other made there intentions very clear at least. This not so dudish guys started gazing those chicks I felt like saying the 'dudes! there is a certain level of grossness that a chick can take so leave them away now." but then I was with my father never knew how he would react. Then he asked me let's leave ant went to the shop owner asking him to settle the bills meanwhile one of the guy pulled a chair and sat in front off those girls opening some of his buttons on his shirt and started murmuring some word to those beauties with flawless skins and unmatched complexions... ahem ahem no offense!! Now that became really uncomfortable for me seeing people of my age presenting such a scene and that to when I was accompanied by my parents. I then saw towards my father and don't know what was on mind but hey... he picked it right and by the very next blink of eyes I saw my father standing behind that not so gentle-man with his hands on his shoulder who had pulled the chair in front of those girls. This was least expected by me from my father in times like those.I saw him saking that guy " Kya baat hai bhai kuch chahiye kya?" That guy replied in an frightened voice "nahi uncle jee bus khade nahi hua jaa rha tha isliye kursi kheench kar baitha tha." well are we fools? this is what I thought of asking him. " Sahi hai bhut garmi hai to ek kaam karo ye kursi yahn se utho aur unse thoda durr laga lo warna kahin aur naa garmi badh jae" in an sarcastic sense my father asked them and hey what we saw next was even more comic all of those three guys left. Now I was filled by pride if not being a hero by self then by atleast being son of a person who displayed some heroic act. Those two girls stood and for the first time we got a chace to hear there voice.They said "It was relly kind of you uncle." my father replied "Oh just carry one don't bother your self's continue with your stuff" then one of the girls in some serious tone said " No uncle we thank you for all this. We both are students from Tibet to the University of Hyderabad, and we like temples and people here in country so thought of visiting this temple and we were really frightened  when that guy pulled the chair in front of us but you helped us, people of this country are great you have given shelter to our leader Dalai Lama and to the helping hands that you people have provided to citizens of our countries over the years we thank you for being an Indian." both of those girl said namastey and left.

Then I thought, there were that three guys those who had just moments back tried to invade there integrity and they too where son of the same soil as my father who helped those two 'Chicks' but this 'Chicks' what did the say "Thanks once again for being an Indian" really it's strange!!

No comments: