Saturday, October 17, 2009

You wouldn't understand!!

Whenever I'm at home I have to abide by the unsaid military laws at home :(  Every morning I have to wake up by 5 AM and get ready to accompany my father on the morning walk and trust me this is not just a walk usually it stretches to 5 KM and then some stretching and it's  a routine. Well it was Diwali morning and me and my all cousins were woken up but then I was the only one unlucky who was unable to escape and slip back into the bed. So now I had to accompany my father to his morning walk. It started as usual me asking the some question "Papa kya zaroort hai itni sawere chutti ke din bhi uth kar duadne ki?" and getting the same answer "Beta ye koi time hai uthne ka jab main padhta tha to main 4 baje uthta tha" hey do I have to remind him that I used to wake up at 3 am daily while I was preparing for my entrance exams during last ccouple of yers of school, but of no use so just kept walking. We reached the Tipnis ground. This is a ground which remains the same green let it be any season or any year, damn how much tax payers money does Air force spends to keep it green? We did some stretching then returned to B 6/2, Oberoi Lane our home at Hyderabad. So finally a tortures morning ended ahh god thanks for it.

I sat by the road to cool down in the breeze that was blowing. After a while a small girl of age somewhere around 12-14yrs age came in front of me. She was really a cute girl with angelic looks nd eyes. She asked me "hey why are you sitting here?" I replied " I had just returned from morning walk so thought of resting myself out here" she nodded her head as of she was saying Ok."what are you listening to?" looking at my headphones which were still in my ears, she asked in reply I said it's "The Train" band and then I asked her "have you heared of this band?" her reply was a yes. But then she said " You know there  is a singer Tyalor Swift with such a nice voice... she is jsut enough!! and I hope wouldn't have understood the depth  of her singing, people of your aage tend tobe leaned towards pop or rock but it's time for melody!! but hey you wouldn't understand!!" I was left speechless I don't know was it her frankness due to the defence culture in which we grew or her saying "You Wouldn't understand"?.

In school days I had studied abt the generation gap and used to think it is something that comes in 20-25 years but hey this girl... this girl made me realize  it's not that way. You know all that she mentioned was completely in sync with me I have been hearing to Tyalor Swift for past an year and the kind of music abt which see talked was too a familiar genre to me but she made me realize that in this fast pace world even the believes needs to be adjusted at the same pace or else you would be in midst of a generation gap!!

2 comments:

nP said...

nice post man.

btw - there was still a generation gap. 10 years is a lot time.

footprints said...

In complete sync with you :)