Wednesday, January 6, 2010

middle emotions.

In life or say daily you don't cradle extreme feelings for everyone or everything. So, what are this intermediate feelings? I tried looking for this 'neutral feelings' but found nothing. Instead I read something interesting about 7 different emotions of human being. woooo.... first of all why only 7? even the color grey has many, a lot or can say innumerable no of shades. I feel something indifferent about it and I take only three of those types described there instead of all 7.

Then, an innocuous question I asked, "what wud u call no feelings for someone or something? neutral love?? " snowballed into a major controversy :P But what was on your mind?? What do you really mean by neutral love?? Why the hell such a stupid thing even crossed your mind?? What do you mean by controversy?? I know, I know, u wanna swarm me with many questions, but please bear with me for sometime, I'll try to answer all your queries :->

Well, first, think about it, what is love?? I know, the same old stupid Sharukh Khan question, so we won't go deep into it, a simple definition says, love is "a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend". Simple, aint it ;-> Ok, so u have a feeling of attachment, or affection called love, now what is meant by hate?? Simple, a strong dislike for something is hate, in other words, its just the opposite of love!! Its all pretty simple haan, aint it?? But alas, its us dear friends, human beings, living in complex maze of emotions, and
feelings, which cant be summed up so simply, right? But don't worry, we will try to unravel the mysteries ;->

In that case, lets give it a try again, there's love, and then its opposite is called hate, and hate is also defined as "neutral apathy". Ahh, interesting, a new phrase, neutral apathy, so what's apathy now?? :O Well, very simply, apathy is "a state of indifference". So, a neutral state of indifference is hate(!!) and opposite of it is love(wooo.... so that means if you don't hate me implies you love me.... ahh cut the crap dk.)!!

Well, now I am not going back to these definitions, but for sure, it cant be these three extremes(yes, 3 extremes, its human emotions, remember?? cant wait for more to come!!!), love, hate, and indifference?? So, what else?? Lets c, so what do you call an emotion, which doesn't qualify for love, but for sure it is some emotion(apathy is too boring u c :P) did I hear liking?? Yeah, here it comes, you may not absolutely love someone or something, but you may still like it, right? OK, so u reduce the proportions of love, and u reach liking, and u reduce it further u reach
indifference or apathy, and reduce it even more(negative), u reach hate!! Wait a sec, do you really reach hate so easily?? I mean, is there not any equivalent of likeness in negative?? :O Guess there is, a simple dislike.

Uff, its becoming more confusing!! Ahh, I am now having an apathetic feeling towards life, guess am off to Himalayas, for the true apathy, "a state of mortification" : And regarding your queries, as they say, "sab moh maya hai" :P

No comments: