Monday, December 21, 2009

"Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh"

I don't want to take my eyes away from the view that surrounds me.But it is this view which fills me with so many in suppress able thoughts that I must express.For a long time now, my mind has been cluttered, too cluttered. Its amazing how sitting here can make one feel at peace, with oneself and with the rest of the world.When we walk around in the world,we think of many things, how we walk, talk, what we say, want, we live according to what others expect, friends, parents, teachers, society.Sometimes, trying to fill expectations, we mold ourselves so much we lose some part of ourselves."What do I want?me. just me. not anyone else." Then its time to realize, to recede back to your haven, to get back in touch with yourself.

The sight that surrounds me is nothing spectacular, just some trees, lush grass, a few birds who got up a little late in the day and are still looking for food, some others flying in groups, as if a practicing flying in formation. But they remind me of myself. Away from this world, they take me to the world I'd rather be in, a world which accepts me the way I am, embraces my weaknesses, appreciates my strengths, a world which loves me,with a love that is unconditional, non judgmental.

For a while.Then it reminds me of the world I live in.The expectations, from me, my behavior, my choices, my actions,these are what really give me a purpose.It reminds me that expectations that others' have matter so much because they are a reflection of my own expectations from myself which have been formed by theirs.Its a cycle.A cycle called life.

We are what we are because of the world we live in.We want what we want because we love the world we live in.The one outside shapes the one inside our hearts.The world we'd rather be in. In my case, idyllic nature.
And the two are not different. They complement one another.


And I don't want the world to see me
'cause I don't think that they'd
Understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am...




I am what I am and that is what gives me my purpose in life.

Inspired by some ones signature that said:
"Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh"(I am what I am)

No comments: